Text Us Now

We are Frederick’s Best Mold Inspection & Mold Remediation Service.

Health Hazards of Mold

Mold can be dangerous to your health if you come in contact with it. Some people are more sensitive to mold than others, but most people will experience a reaction when exposed to too much of it.

Mold spores land on surfaces and begin growing when they find an organic food source such as dust, dead plant material, lint, hair, or fabric. Without removing these food sources, you will never eliminate all of the mold spores in your home.

If you can see or smell any evidence of mold in your house, then it’s too late for prevention measures. It’s also far late if you have any of the health problems I list below. You should have removed it immediately when you noticed it. If it’s just starting to grow in one area, then you can be more aggressive than if large colonies are already established throughout your home.

If you don’t remove mold from your home, you will probably never be able to get rid of all of it, and you may develop some serious health problems such as:

· Nasal burning or irritation
· Coughing, tightness in the chest, and shortness of breath
· Headache and fatigue
· Skin irritations such as itching rash and hives
· Earaches and pains (pressure headaches)

Severe allergic reactions involving the respiratory system that may lead to asthma attacks which require immediate medical attention

These are just a few of the most common health problems people exposed to mold experience, but there can be many more, and some may not become apparent until years after exposure.